* Overview of Microsoft Word *
⇨ Microsoft Word is an application software.
It is a family member of Microsoft office.
Microsoft Office Word allows us to create and edit documents, such as letters, emails, books etc.
It is a word processor developed by Microsoft. It was first released in October 25, 1983.
It's extension part is-
i) .docx (2007 to onwards)
ii) .doc (2000 - 2003).
⇨ Microsoft Word has lots of features. It includes thesaurus, dictionary and utilities for manipulating, formatting and also editing. The following are some aspects of its features ----
1. We can use Mail Merge.
2. We can use Auto - Correct option.
3. We can use Auto - Text option.
4. We can check Spelling and Grammar.
5. We can use Find and Replace.
6. We can insert Watermarks.
7. We can insert Header and Footer.
8. We can use Hyperlink.
9. We can protect our writing.
⇨ Five types of view in Microsoft word:-
1. Print layout view.
2. Normal view / Full screen view.
3. Web layout view.
4. Outline view.
5. Draft view.